- Thursday January 11th at 5:30 pm
- Program: Integrative Health and Wellness for Women
- Presenters: Jolene Renda, Nancy Patterson, and Michelle Kuehl
- Location: Toman VA Medical Center
- Thursday February 8th at 5:30 pm
- Program: Identity Theft
- Presenter: Officer Paul Sloan
- Location: Tomah Police Station
- Thursday May 8th at 5 pm
- Program: Women’s History Month Celebration
- Location: Best Western Hotel, Tomah
- Thursday April 12 at 1 pm
- Program: Volk Field Tour
- Presenter: Joline Poweell
- Volk Field Camp Douglas
- April 20-21 – State Convention – Milwaukee Area
- Thursday May 10th at 5:30 pm
- Program: Annual Business Meeting
- Location: Ground Round Restaurant, Tomah
For program details contact Program Vice President: Sonia Olson at AAUWTomah@gmail.com.
Some of Our Past Programs
- August 17th at 5:30 pm
- Program: “Adding More Movement Into Our Day”
- Presenter – Kathy Peterson
- Saturday September 16th at 12:00
- Program: Introduction to the Natural Connection
- Presenter: Paula Caucutt
- Location: 1012 Superior Ave, Tomah
- Thursday October 12th at 5:30 pm
- Program: Tomah VA: Building a Culture of Excellence
- Presenter: Victoria Brahm
- Location: Tomah VA Medical Center Conference Room
- Thursday November 9th at 5:30 pm
- Program: My Experience in the State Assembly
- Presenter: Nancy Vandermeer (changed)
- Location: Tomah Chamber of Commerce
- Members listening as President Audrey Chamber’s leads our meeting.
- Saturday December 9th at 10:30 am
- Program: Christmas Brunch and the Educational Fund Fundraiser
- Location: Julia Palmer’s Home
Pam Long from The Station shared with us her flower arranging talents and discussed the challenges and success of starting and owning her own business.
Our November meeting featured information about the Personal Health Inventory being developed and implemented at VA Hospitals across the country. Deborah Thiel shared information about this model of personalized, proactive, patient-driven healthcare.
The personal health inventory helps guide individuals in taking charge of not only their healthcare decisions, but their own health. Members were able to take home copies of the inventory to help in their own health planning.
Deborah Thiel, RD, MPH works as a field consultant for the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Patient Centered Care and Cultural Transformation. She has over 36 years of professional work in various aspects of healthcare, and is a member of AAUW-Tomah Branch.
In September members had a great time at The Point in downtown Tomah. Owner, Jane Donaldson, hosted this social, and shared unique products available in the store.